Friday, October 8, 2010

Be the man!

I was chatting to a friend last night and he said things that got me thinking. And royally pissed. I have known this guy for quite a while and he lives somewhere in the Uk or wherever and the issue was about relationships.


Why on earth would a man see a woman, fancy her and then expect her to make the first move? Like just sit down there and expect her to be the one to come over and say ‘Hey, can I join you?’ or ‘Hi, my name is Lily and I kinda think you are cute’. It is different if the woman is the one that fancies the guy and he hasn’t even noticed her so she tries to make him see her. That is acceptable. What I am talking about is a guy ogling at you at a restaurant and smiling in that ‘come on’ way and just when you are expecting that he would leave his ego beside his plate of chicken and chips and ask to join you, he doesn’t!

Then he leaves the restaurant still starring at you and smiling in a way that seems to say ‘you don’t know what you are missing babe’. Then of course, the best of us would want to hurl our bowl of chocolate ice cream at him.

Some men are so full of themselves; they don’t think they should be the one to approach a woman and try to woo her. They just feel a nod, a smile or a wink should tell you they are interested and a cue for you to come running to them. It doesn’t stop there. This guy gives you his number and tells you he would call but never does. And when you run into him again and asks why he didn’t call, he would ask you the same question. Like are you kidding me?!

I know some women do not see any thing wrong if you fancy a guy and even though you know he might be interested and not making the first move, you should do it. Anything that works for you girl. But I think that there is some respect that we so deserve accorded to us when a man walks up to you and tries to be friends and you know what is at the back of his mind. It also makes him a gentleman.

This friend of mine happens to be one of these guys. Terrible.

We deserve gentlemen who would buy us flowers, open doors for us and be generally polite.

Have yourselves a fun filled weekend.

Lily Johnson.

22 comments:

  1. I agree with you. It'd be better if the man is the one who makes the first move, not the woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on this one...

    - LDP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with the guys on this one. Did the pretty gal try winking back at him and maybe hooking her little finger in a 'come hither' way? That way, he gets the green light to act. No one likes to get a No, you know. We girls sometimes notice the ogling and act all 'I'm too much for you' when we be dying inside...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know it's old-fashioned, but I think that the guy should always make the first move. If they see that you're interested in them, the ball is in their court and they need to do something about it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ribka: Thanks for the comment dear. It is better really.

    @LDP: Thanks for the comment LDP.

    @Ginger: My dear, even when you smile and do all that, a guy that believes you should come to him would still stay where he is. I understand you but then, if at first you don't succeed.... Thanks for the comment

    @Cafe Fashionista: Yes, it is old fashioned but it is still the noble thing to do. We try our best to smile and stuff so they should take the hint already! Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. //We deserve gentlemen who would buy us flowers, open doors for us and be generally polite.//

    I totally agree...

    ...but we dont have many men left...all we have these days are big boys....

    Good Post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so agree with you!

    Thanks for your comment on my last post, great hearing from you.

    Have a lovely day.

    Colin.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it works both ways. Anyone (either gender) who 'hints' and then leaves it up to the other person, deserves to miss out, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Nutty J: Well, there are a few men out there. Just don't know where they are hiding. Thanks for the comment.

    @sexylegsandbody: Thanks Colin. It is always a pleasure.

    @Rachel Cotterill: Yes, Rach but men need not be subtle. They should be bold about it and not wait for us to come on to them. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. We DO deserve gentlemen, darling!

    Fab post!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  11. women should come up to a man if he shows and ounce of interest??? that is the most ridiculous thing i've heard in a long time.

    i'm with you on this one. chivalry need not be dead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally agree with this post.

    1st time here and loving it already.

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Couture Carrie: Yes, we do CC dear. Thanks for the comment.

    @simplychic:Some men really do think so. It is just annoying. Thanks for the comment.

    @Lara: Thanks for the comment and i am glad you're loving it here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lily, as gorgeous as you are, you have them swarming around like bees to honey!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. Lots of comments for me to scroll through, girlfriend!

    The kind of guy that winks and is generally full of himself is not worth a second glance, in my humble opinion. They actually make my skin crawl.

    I don't think being arrogant is attractive on anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Linda Medrano: *blushing* Oh! thank you so much! I am glad you joined me too. Thanks for the comment

    @Kat: Sweetheart! well, i do comment on blogs myself so they show the love back to me i guess. Yes, i totaally agree with you. Very obnoxious fellows. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I believe in the 'traditional way' of wooing....BOY TOAST GAL! If i like him, i drop subtle hints...a shy smile, eye contact & the occasional flirt look..if he does not get the hint or interested...i let it go & concentrate on something else...me think is EGO on the man's part...believes he is a ladies man. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  20. call me old fashioned but I miss those days when women were treated as "princesses" :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I agree with you lily big time. @Carma am old Fashioned as well and i love alot of attention from the opposite sex and my Middle name should be princess..lol

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Seshe James: Wow! thanks for the comment girl! You rock!

    ReplyDelete

Share your views. I really want to hear them...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...