Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Dear Woman: Care to share your daily beauty regimen?

Mrs Somi Obum, business development manager at LaserDerm Clinics, Lagos did me the honour of sharing her beauty regimen on my blog. I found it interesting that she wanted to share because some women just don't want to. 

Now the bit about seeing a dermatologist is important especially if you have a skin condition. I can't stress that enough

Here is her piece. Enjoy..

I never knew how important it is to take care of ones skin until I started working at an aesthetic and laser skin care centre.It's amazing how a little exposure can awaken you to a whole world of possibilities. There I was minding my business when my sister walked up to me and said "Your face is getting rather dark, or should I say black".I said to myself that's not possible because I stayed out of the sun as much as I could and I used a cream that had 'Fade Out' boldly printed on it...how could I possibly be getting darker on the face.


So as a remedy, I felt the best thing to do was to avoid the sun some more and if I had to step out, not use the cream on my face 'maybe the sun and the cream don't work well together'.What a primitive way of  thinking.

I began working at Laserderm Clinics and one of the first things I went through was consultation, yes, for my face. The consultant noticed the mess going on with it and decided to school me. The first question I was asked was what my skin care regime was. Of course I had none. Next question was what I used on my face in terms of cream.Let's just say I got scolded by the time I mentioned my Fade Out cream. Last question was if I use suncreen and how often; cutting to the chase, two months later and my face complexion now blends with the rest of my body, its not as oily as it was and feels like a baby's bum.

How was this achieved in such a short period?! Discipline!

MORNING: Wash in the morning with facial cleanser, use a masque which contains granules so it also acts as an exfoliator (do this twice a week), apply a hydrating intense moisturizer (skin may be left dry after cleansing and exfoliating so a hydrating moisturizer would provide the right balance), you could use a serum to promote hydration and reduce signs of aging...this helps in softening the skin...gives a velvety smooth feel, then finish with your sunscreen. For the kind of sun we have here in Nigeria, I advise a minimum of spf 32. Sunscreen should be re-applied as the day goes on to maintain protection.

EVENING: Wash face with cleanser, apply a hydrating repair creme, finish up with your serum. Keeping it nice and simple.

So key pointers to remember...
1. Wash face with warm water to open up the pores and finish with a splash of cold water to close the pores.

2. Quantity of cleanser to be used during wash should be coin size.

3. Your cleanser replaces your soap for your face henceforth.

4. Always remember to use a sunscreen min spf 32 even when it's not sunny.

5. Visit a dermatologist to find out your skin type and what products would be suitable for you.

Thanks for taking your time to read...

Somi.

Stay beautiful people!

Lily Johnson.

Posted via Blogaway

1 comment:

  1. during this grubby, grimey world, our skin wants even additional care and there area unit lots of sensible merchandise out there to assist United States try this , for more information click here hammam.

    ReplyDelete

Share your views. I really want to hear them...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...